How you can reach us:
Bartlett Tree Experts
Coursers Farm, Coursers Road, Colney Heath
St Albans, Herts, AL4 0PD
Phone: 01727 825090
The Type of Personal Information We Collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Identity Data including your first name, last name, title
- Individual Data including correspondence and personal data which is provided to us for the purpose of carrying out our business
- Contact Data including your residential address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of services we have provided
- Usage Data including information about how you use Bartlett Tree Experts' services or submit an enquiry or query through the website including your IP address
- Technical Data including information from your visits to the website or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically
- Additional Data including any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you. We collect:
- Information you provide to us via the website contact form, emails, telephone conversations, face to face discussion and feedback questionnaires
- Details of services we carry out for you
- Information on what you view or access on our website or emails
Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Services to Clients where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into
- Payment to invoice you for services we have provided to you and to trace and collect debt where required
- Compliance to keep records of the work we have carried out for you
- Marketing to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing materials relating to our services and to invite you to events hosted by us (so far as permitted by law)
- Business Performance to manage our business performance and assess client satisfaction and improvement to our services
Bartlett Tree Experts will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected for.
We may share this information with:
- The police, local authorities or His Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC), the courts or any other government body if lawfully requested and where legally obliged to do so
- If required, we will share a limited amount of information with our suppliers in order to execute an agreed contract with you.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legal obligation
- We have a vital interest
- We need it to perform a public task
- We have a legitimate interest.
How Bartlett Tree Experts Stores Personal Data
Our servers are located in the US and therefore your personal data is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
There are multiple layers of security for the limited amount of EEA data stored. To meet the requirements of the regulations, data in transit is protected using TLS. The data is then AES encrypted at rest using Oracle Transparent Data Encryption. The databases then store the EEA data behind a Palo Alto firewall, which uses individually secured user accounts protected with Multi-Factor Authentication. All data access is limited to only those within the corporation who have the need to access it for business reasons.
In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions, it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal information for authorisation with an entity outside the EEA. Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
We have appropriate security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected at our site. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above address or phone number.
Personal Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Generally, we keep personal data in accordance with our internal retention procedures, which are determined in accordance with our regulatory obligations and good practice. These retention periods depend on the nature of the information, and are subject to change. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact us using the details above.
If You Do Not Want to Receive Future Emails
We will only provide you with marketing material where you have provided your express consent. If you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please complete our Opt-Out form.
Your Data Protection Rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information
- Your right to rectification You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete
- Your right to erasure You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to restriction of processing You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to object to processing You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Your right to data portability You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you
Please contact us at the address above if you wish to make a request.
How to Complain
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to how Bartlett Tree Experts may have stored, used or processed your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland (www.dataprotection.ie). Bartlett Tree Experts would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the relevant authority so please contact us in the first instance.
Bartlett Tree Experts is committed to providing a site that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our site and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
We endeavour to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
Whilst Bartlett strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the site and in sites that we link to that are not under our control.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime, should you experience any difficulty in accessing any part of bartlett.com, please dont hesitate to contact us.