How you can reach us:
Bartlett Tree Experts
Coursers Farm, Coursers Road, Colney Heath
St Albans, Herts, AL4 0PG
Phone: 01727 825090
Bartlett Tree Experts is firmly committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of all personal data received or collected, in strict adherence to Data Protection Legislation (defined below) and best business practice.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is the Division Manager UK and Ireland.
Data Protection Definitions
Bartlett Tree Experts' data protection and privacy measures are governed by (i) the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) ("GDPR") and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, as amended or updated from time to time, in the UK and Ireland and then (ii) any successor legislation to the GDPR or the Data Protection Act 1998 ("Data Protection Legislation").
For the purpose of Data Protection Legislation, where personal data is provided directly to Bartlett Tree Experts through use of the website, email, or other means, Bartlett Tree Experts will be a data controller of such information. Where Bartlett Tree Experts is provided with information only for the purpose of performing a contract or where Bartlett Tree Experts cannot determine the use of such information, Bartlett Tree Experts will be a data processor of such information.
What We Recognise
For each visitor to our web site, our web server automatically recognises only the visitor's domain name, but not the email address.
What We Collect
The types of data we process can be quite varied, but will usually include:
- Identity Data including your first name, last name, title
- Individual Data including correspondence and personal data which is provided to us for the purpose of carrying out our business
- Contact Data including your residential address, billing address, email address and telephone numbers
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you and other details of services we have provided
- Usage Data including information about how you use Bartlett Tree Experts' services or submit an enquiry or query through the website including your IP address
- Technical Data including information from your visits to the website or in relation to materials and communications we send to you electronically:
- Bartlett collects geotracking information using MaxMind services. More information can be found at https://www.maxmind.com/en/privacy_policy
- Bartlett uses Google Analytics for Display Advertising (for example, Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, DoubleClick Campaign Manager and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting). You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings (https://www.google.com/settings/ads). You can also prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics by installing the Google Analytics browser add-on at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Additional Data including any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
What We Do with the Information that We Collect
Bartlett Tree Experts will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Services to Clients - where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into
- Payment - to invoice you for services we have provided to you and to trace and collect debt where required
- Compliance - to keep records of the work we have carried out for you
- Marketing - to send you electronic and/or paper form marketing materials relating to our services and to invite you to events hosted by us (so far as permitted by law)
- Business Performance - to manage our business performance and assess client satisfaction and improvement to our services
Change of Purpose
Bartlett Tree Experts will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected for.
How Bartlett Tree Experts Stores Personal Data
Our servers are located in the US and therefore your personal data is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Bartlett Tree Experts is committed to ensuring your personal data is securely stored and uses MaxMind. MaxMind complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States, respectively.
For more information, please visit:
In order to effectively process credit or debit card transactions, it may be necessary for the bank or card processing agency to verify your personal information for authorisation with an entity outside the EEA. Such information will not be transferred out of the EEA for any other purpose.
We have appropriate security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected at our site. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the above address or phone number.
Personal Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Generally, we keep personal data in accordance with our internal retention procedures, which are determined in accordance with our regulatory obligations and good practice. These retention periods depend on the nature of the information, and are subject to change. If you have any questions in this regard, please contact us using the details above.
If You Do Not Want to Receive Future Emails
We will only provide you with marketing material where you have provided your express consent. If you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please complete our Opt-Out form.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under Data Protection Legislation in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of processing your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data;
- Right to withdraw consent.
To exercise any of the above rights please contact us using the details above.
Where you exercise your right to erasure or where information is deleted in accordance with Bartlett Tree Experts' retention policy, please note that after the deletion of your personal data, it cannot be recovered, so if you require a copy of this personal data, please request this during the period Bartlett Tree Experts retains the data.
Where you exercise your right to request access to the information Bartlett Tree Experts processes about you, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Where you provide us with information it is your responsibility to ensure that all such information is complete in all material respects and not misleading. The accuracy and appropriateness of our advice may be affected as a consequence of your failure to do so. If any information changes, please let us know so that we can keep it updated on our systems.
If you would like to make a complaint in relation to how Bartlett Tree Experts may have stored, used or processed your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or the Data Protection Commissioner in Ireland (www.dataprotection.ie). Bartlett Tree Experts would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the relevant authority so please contact us in the first instance.
Bartlett Tree Experts is committed to providing a site that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our site and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and guidelines.
We endeavour to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
Whilst Bartlett strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the site and in sites that we link to that are not under our control.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. In the meantime, should you experience any difficulty in accessing any part of bartlett.com, please dont hesitate to contact us.